Frequently asked questions?
Can my loft be converted?
In most cases yes it can be done. We can arrange to visit you and discuss your potential new space without obligation. We can arrange drawings to confirm what can be done to maximize the potential of your conversion.
Do I need planning permission?
Most loft conversions do not need planning permission unless:
- You live in a conservation area or your house is a listed building;
- You want to put in dormer windows facing the road or if the position of a dormer window would invade your neighbour’s privacy;
- Any part of the conversion (including a dormer window) will be higher than the existing roof;
- Your house has already been extended to the limit of its permitted development (15% of its original size). You may still be able to add a loft conversion even if you have had some extension work done.
- If planning permission is required, we will submit the planning application and the supporting documents on your behalf.
How long does it take to complete a loft conversion?
Depending on the complexity of your conversion it would take no longer then 4-6 weeks.
Will a loft conversion add value to my property?
Yes… This is the easiest way to get an extra bedroom, playroom or study. A major advantage of a loft conversion is that most of the work can be done from the outside therefore restricting disruption to your household. A loft conversion will typically cost between £18,000-£40,000 but can add about 13% to your property’s value. Converting a loft in your home can free up what is essentially dead space and make use of an area that is already available with a little work.